Skin abscesses are inflammatory or non inflammatory skin disorders that occur in any age but commonly seen among teenagers and adults.
The skin abscesses gives more mental than physical pain especially among adolescents which leads to development of low self esteem, but right treatment – home remedies, natural remedies, diet, and living stress free life are the key to its cure, which are provided in this article.
Release of excessive androgen hormones from the body stimulates sebaceous oil deposition on sweat glands which get plugged and infected by bacteria (Staphylococcus) developing into abscesses commonly known as the cystic acne. Other types of abscesses are – Furuncle (ones with multiple opening), Hidradenities (multiple abscesses) and Pilonidal cyst (occurring at crease of buttocks).
All these skin abscesses can be easily treated with the help of natural home remedies.
There are few home remedies to prevent and cure skin abscesses
* Hydrate your skin – Drinking water 8 to 10 glasses daily helps to keep the skin glowing and bacteria free, gives the body strength to fight against many diseases
* Intake of fruits like Oranges in skin care, lime and vegetables like pumpkin and other fibrous vegetables, vitamin A rich vegetables, Beta-carotene rich foods like carrot, spinach, sweet potato etc are good for acne prevention and cure
* Eat unprocessed food
* Avoiding fatty, deep fried, high sugar content food and milk products, helps in not aggravating the acne
* Zinc containing food like wheat bran, all bran cereals, oysters, shell fish helps healing and keeps the skin healthy
* Avoid heavy moisturizers ,oil foundation and creams. It is a good invitation for skin abscesses since the skin pores get clogged and bacterial infection induces
* Removing the make up before going to bed enables the skin to breathe and keep it bacteria free
* Normal bowel movement is essential; otherwise constipation also leads to acne. Intake of fibrous food helps in keeping proper bowel movements
* Use natural skin cleansers for skin to prepare to fight the abscesses. Do not use any chemical based cleansers as they are very harsh on skin and may cause inflammation and skin rupturing
* Limit caffeine drinks, alcohol, chocolates, and soft drinks. When taken in excess they induce acne growth
* Rubbing the skin and squeezing the pimples should be avoided to prevent any scar marks on the skin
* Stress is a major contributor to skin abscesses formation.
* Regular exercise will keep your skin healthy