The Today Show anchors ‘promise to shave’ their beards on live TV – but end up with a mustache, goatee and shorter beard instead
- The morning show anchors did not shave for the month of November
- Each supported a different cancer charity
- Barbers were brought in to shave the beards off on Monday’s show
- Al Roker and Carson Daly went with goatees and Willie Geist got a mustache, but Roker was the only one to like his look
- Matt Lauer decided to just have a trim and stick with the beard
The men of the Today Show had their beards shaped live on air this morning to mark the end of their month-long charity challenge- but none of them had them fully shaved off.
The hosts of the morning talk show program took part in the national ‘No Shave November’ campaign where men across America tossed out their razors for the month in an effort to raise money for various charities that support men’s health.
‘We didn’t just do this to look terrible, we did this to raise money,’ Matt Lauer said Monday’s show.
Lauer didn’t really think he looked terrible, however, as he announced that he would be keeping it for the winter.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
The big reveal: Viewers suggested which looks the anchors should try out, and while a couple of them were game, Lauer decided that he wanted to keep his beard
Spot the difference: Lauer decided that he just wanted the barber to give him a close trim and not actually shave the beard (before at left and after at right)